Monday, May 9, 2011

Healthy Living

I am on a new health kick. A little info about me: I`ve always been a little over weight. Not a lot though, but realistically I could stand to lose 20-30 pounds.

Over the past month I have been doing a Liver Cleanse. It`s nothing drastic. Every morning before I eat anything, I get a mug out, and put a drop of peppermint oil, a drop of lemon oil, and I squeeze some fresh lemon juice in (anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 a lemon). I then add a little bit of cold water and then some boiled water. You could add just the boiled water, the cold water just makes it cooler faster.

At first it is really strong, but after a couple of days you get used to it and start to really enjoy the drink. And that's it! I drink that special potion first thing in the morning and then I eat my breakfast and get on with my day.

I have already lost 6 pounds in one month! The crazy thing is that I haven't done anything any differently. Now imagine if I had. If I had gone for a couple of runs or done a couple more workouts. That number could easily have been 10! Oh well, no need to beat myself up over it. I believe that the slower it comes off the longer it will stay off.

The only down side is that the cleanse is getting all of the toxins out of my liver and some of them I have noticed are coming out through my skin. And  I have 2 little eczema spots on each arm. The funny thing about it is that the two spots on my arms are liver points for accupressure. I would think that that means it's working!

I just started having green smoothies yesterday. I am really enjoying them too. So far I have only used spinach in them. I've read that it's important to switch up the greens you put in them though, so I think that I am going to try to grow wheatgrass. It is supposed to be full of nutrition. If I manage to do it, on my first try, I will definitely post pictures when I start my second crop of wheatgrass!

I have also put the book Green for Life by Victoria Boutenko on hold at the library. So I can't wait to read it and get a couple of tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment