Saturday, May 14, 2011

EPIC - Green Over Grey

I am going to The Epic tomorrow, which is a 3 day sustainable living expo. I wanted to know what exactly I should be expecting. I went to the website and looked at the list of exhibitors. Some of the exhibitors post their website and I found one called Green Over Grey. The name caught my attention. I wanted to know what this company was all about. I read the description and was a little put off: 


"Green over Grey™ is a leading design firm that focuses on the creation of spectacular and eye-catching green walls also known asliving walls or vertical gardens.
From the largest vertical garden in North America to small boutique projects, the goal at Green over Grey™ is to create living works of art that purify the air we breathe, make life more sustainable and add some green to the grey of our cities.

We pride ourselves on being at the cutting edge of design trends and providing our customers with state of the art installations and services.
Our unique soil free technology makes it possible to transform any vertical surface into a lush and strikingly beautiful garden, either inside or out.
At 3 to 4 lbs per square foot, Green over Grey offers the lightest green wall system available on the market. It also allows us to use hundreds of plants species including shrubs and small trees!" 

To me, that sounded a little weird. A brilliant idea, but I just couldn't picture how this would be possible without it looking very strange. So I went to the website and looked through the gallery. I fell in love. 
Green Over Grey is awesome! I think the whole idea is just brilliant. Just imagine the cool designs you could make, with the different type of plants and the different colour. It's the green artists heaven! 
Although, it definitely would be a little strange in a regular old room. But there is a picture of it in a pool room which, I think, looks great. It could also look good in some kind of office building. I'm not sure exactly, but I think that this company has so much potential. Check it out for yourself here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment