Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Dog loyalty

So I stumbled upon this article tonight, and I just thought I would share it. I am a huge dog lover and I just think that the bond between the two dogs is really amazing. The fact that the one that can see helps the blind one is just the sweetest thing.

I have been lucky enough that I have had 3 dogs, and I have loved them all so much. My first dog, when he was only 4 or 5, had swung his head really hard against something and one of his eyeballs had actually popped out of the socket. He had a 50/50 chance of regaining eye sight and unfortunately he did not. Later in his life he lost sight in his other eye and it was really difficult for him to get around. So I can only imagine how hard it must have been for this young dog to lose both his eyes when he was so young. He is so lucky to have such an amazing connection with this other dog.

I can only hope that these dogs find a new home.

On another note, if you are curious just how I came across this article, I joined this site, stumbleupon a little while ago. I never really used it, but I am lying in bed watching Buffy and I am a little ADD sometimes when it comes to shows and I feel like I should be doing something else, so I decided to finally check this site out. I have come across so many interesting things in the past half hour! It's great. One that I really like was the Grilled Cheese Academy. Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment