Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Body

Joyce on the couch when Buffy finds her. 
Since the vampire diaries was on hiatus, i started watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I saw a couple of episodes on TV a while ago. And so i started watching it from the beginning. The other day I came to the episode called the body. This was really unexpected, but this episode was one of the most moving episodes I have ever seen. Of any series.

In the episode Buffy walks into her house to find that he mom is lying dead on the couch. In that first couple of minutes where she deals with trying to revive her mother, calling the paramedics, and finally realizing that her mother is dead I cried harder than I have ever cried.

I have to admit, I can be a pretty cold hearted person. It takes a lot to make me cry. The only other time, that i can think of, that I cried at a TV show was the very last episode of Six Feet Under. That was another very well done episode.

But back to Buffy. So throughout the whole episode there is no "mood music" or anything, the only sounds are the dialogue and background noises. It is truly an amazing episode. Honestly, the first 4 and a half seasons are worth watching just to get to this episode. Although, I don't think it would be as good if you haven't seen the first seasons. You really grow with the characters and they all have a special bond with Joyce (Buffy's mom). During the episode you really see how hard death hits you, and how it effects everyone differently. Buffy has to be strong for her little sister, Dawn tries to rebel, and how Anya doesn't understand how she could just suddenly die.

If you haven't seen this episode, I can't even explain to you how good it is. If you're looking for a tear jerker, this episode will do the trick. Although, I'm not going to tell you to go watch something like 80 episodes in order to see it, so I guess you'll just have to take my word for it.

Back to Six Feet Under for a minute though, this show is really amazing, the character development and acting is phenomenal. For anyone who's looking for a great show to watch this one is fantastic. It's about a family running a funeral home after their father dies. It's quite funny, but in a darker way. And the way it ends will make you cry. That is a promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment