Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Healthy Protein Bars!

Hey guys! So I've got a really really delicious recipe for protein bars. And you don't have to cook them, just mix 'em up, stick them in the fridge for an hour, flip them over, and put them back in for another hour. Super easy!

So here it is:

Here they are! So delicious!
-1 cup oats

-2-3 scoops protein powder (I use vanilla, but I'm sure chocolate or peanut butter would be good too)

-1 1/2 cup chopped nuts and seeds (I use walnuts, almonds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds)

-1/3 cup apple sauce

-1-2 tbsp honey (Start with just one and add more later if you need it, but you probably won't)

-1/4 cup chocolate chips (I use the little chippets, because then they're more spread out)   


To be perfectly honest, these measurements are not exact. I think I used actual measurement the first time I made them and now I just eye-ball it all. That way they always turn out a little different! I've never had a bad batch!

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment