Sunday, January 22, 2012

Something Borrowed

Around Christmas time I read a book called Something Borrowed by Emily Griffin. The only reason I read this book was because I heard the movie was really good and wanted to read the  book before I watched the movie. Funny thing is that I finished the book almost a month ago and still haven't watched the movie.

So the book is about a girl named Rachel, she is 30 years old and single living in New York. Her best friend, Darcy, is getting married to her really good friend from college, Dex. On the night of Rachel's 30th birthday Darcy throws her a big party, gets too drunk, and has to leave early. Rachel and Dex end up hooking up that night and throughout the book continue to have an affair. The book follows Rachel as she has to decide to keep the affair going behind Darcy's back or to end it.

Personally, I didn't really like this book. I think I would give it a 2.5 out of 5. I just found there to be no suspense at all. I some little action in my books to keep me interested. I found it to be the same when I read The Choice by Nicholas Sparks.

No comments:

Post a Comment