Thursday, June 30, 2011

Torment

So I read the book Torment by Lauren Kate last week. It is the second book in her Fallen series. If you haven't read the first book in the series, Fallen, yet then I suggest reading that before this. You can also look at my blog post about the first novel too.  I'll try my best not to spoil anything from the first book in my summary, but no promises. You have been warned!

So in the second book Luce is put into yet another boarding school called Shoreline. Daniel puts her there in order to keep her safe from the Outcasts, a group of immortals that want to kill Luce. While she is being hidden at the school she is determined to learn more about her past lives. Since Daniel refuses to tell her anything she must do it on her own. With the help of her new Nephilim friends she searches for answers about who she was in her past lives. She ends up getting in a lot of trouble and risks her life in the process. There are also some appearances by her old fallen angel friends from Sword & Cross.

I thought this book was alright, I think that maybe I'm just not a fan of the whole fallen angel thing. I only read it because i read the first one, but to be honest I didn't enjoy it all that much. I found that it was a little slow. If you read the first one and liked it then definitely read the second one. However, if you read the first one and didn't like it, I'd say save yourself some time, and go on to the next book!

-T

No comments:

Post a Comment